KAVALIPOST

Monday 15 April 2013

POSTAL ASSISTANT ENGLISH GRAMMAR MODEL QUESTION PAPER

1.
I __________________ TV when the telephone rang.
watched
was watching
are watching
have watched
2.  
I'm afraid I'm not hungry. I've _______ eaten lunch.
yet
still
already
ever

3.
My mother let me ____________ late when I was a child.
to stay out
stayed out
stay out
staying out

4.
Would you like ___________ chicken?
any
a
some
one

5.
He has _______ friends in Chicago.
few
few of
a lot
much

6
 
She _________________ lunch by the time we arrived.
had finished
finished
have finished
finishing

7
What shall we do tonight? How about ___________ a film?
to see
see
seeing
going

8
_______ you ever ________ to Hollywood?
Did ... go
Have .... go
Have ... gone
Shall .... go

9
Have you finished your homework ______?
yet
already
still
just

10
Jack is really ______________ history, especially Japanese history.
interested at
interesting in
interested in
interested for
11
These images ______________ by an artist named Phil Thomsen.
are photographed
were photoed
photographed
were photographed

12
If I __________ you, I would wait a while to begin investing.
was
am
were
would be

13
He'll give you a call as soon as he __________.
will arrive
arrives
is arriving
is going to arrive.

14
He found his watch ___________ the papers on his desk.
in
among
between
through
15
Would you mind ______________ me a hand?
to give
give
giving
given
16
I think San Francisco is ____ exciting ____ New York.
as ... as
so ... than
as ... than
so ... as

17
If she __________ that he was coming, she would have prepared the guest room.
knew
has known
had known
knows
18
: She _________ she wanted to come.
told
said me
said
told to me

19
What ______________ at work?
do you have to do
must you do
have you to do
do you

20
I wonder if ____________________ yet.
has the letter arrived
arrived the letter
the letter arrived
the letter has arrived

21
Do you really want to __________ that meeting until tomorrow?
put up
put off
put onto
put away
22
I'm hungry! Just a moment, I______ make you a sandwich.
'm going to
'll
'm
should
23
_________________, we won't have much to talk about.
If he not comes
Unless he comes
If he didn't come
If he came
24
Oh, look at those clouds! It ______________ rain.
's going to
won't
sure will
shall
25
How is he? - Frank? He __________.
's fine
's tall with blond hair
's quite a shy person actually
's twenty three
26
Jack told her that he ____________ come the next day.
is going to
will come
wants
was going to
27
He will meet you _________ the station at seven o'clock sharp.
in front
ahead
in front of
behind of
28
If you want to be healthy, you _______ smoke.
needn't
couldn't
shouldn't
mustn't to
29
He's _____________ politics.
interested
interesting
interested to
interested in
30
Where was Jack yesterday? - I don't know. He ________________ seeing the doctor.
might has been
might have been
couldn't have been
mustn't have been
31
Yes, that is the woman _________ horse almost trampled her!
which
whose
who
that
32
Would you like me to ______________ the children next week?
look to
look at
look after
look into
33
I missed the train, so I _________ take the next one.
musted
must
had to
had
34
Why are your hands so dirty? - Well, I __________________ in the garden for the last two hours.
have worked
worked
am working
have been working

35
: Fiestas ______________ in Cologne, Germany for many years now.
have been making
have made
have been made
are made

36
Let me ___________! I didn't really want to eat all the cookies, I just couldn't help myself.
to say you
say you
explain me
explain
37
Yes, we have bought the tickets to the concert and we _______________ next Friday. I'm so excited.
will go
won't go
shall be going
are going
38
What ___________________ tomorrow evening?!
will you do
are you going to do
shall you be doing
is you doing

 








 













 

 






 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment